The Nintendo 3DS is not new to the hacking scene. In fact, when the R4 3DS cards have been released in the wild, a lot of people are already enjoying the benefits of the said gadget.
Before a Nintendo 3DS can perform new functions, the system needs to be hacked first. And, in order for you to do that, you need to do something extra.
This something extra may range from running an exploit to running a game that does the exploit for you.
Just recently, a hacker that goes by the name of “Plutoo” just released a new hack for the Nintendo 3DS. He calls this one the “SmileHax” and in it makes use of the game called SmileBASIC.
The Smilehax can be performed on the new Nintendo 3DS R4 3DS Italia firmware, so there really is no reason not to use this new hack.
For those of you who want to know, the Smilehax is a homebrew-enabling hack that allows you to run and install homebrew applications.
Lately, Nintendo has been smashing homebrew applications when you update your Nintendo3DS to the latest official firmware.
The Smilehax is a powerful hack that allows you to install your homebrew applications even if you’re running the latest firmware.
Now, if you want to try the Smilehax, here are the things that you need to do:
- First, download the homebrew starter kit from Plutoo’s github. This will have all the pertinent files that you need to install and use the Smilehax.
- After downloading the file, extract the contents of it and put it on your microSD card.
- Go back to Plutoo’s github page and indicate your current firmware version. Download the file that will automatically be clickable, extract, and put them on your microSD card as well.
- Next, run the SmileBasic game and then create a new game. Save the game in the first instance then go back to the main menu.
- Then, load the saved game and an error should occur (your screen will turn blue for a few seconds after which, it will turn green).
- After that, you will be prompted that the game has crashed.
- Run the game again and then, this time, a new option would appear. Run the SmileHAX and after that, you’re done!
After installing SmileHAX, you can now use your R4 3DS card to install homebrew applications on your Nintendo 3DS.
I also like the fact that this game is readily available and that it can be done even on the latest Nintendo official firmware.
After using the exploit, be sure to use your R4 3DS card to install homebrew applications and to also play some region-free games as well.
So, if you are on the latest Nintendo official firmware and you want to expand the horizons, then be sure to try this hack out!